Early Learning at Alder Montessori
In addition to our adult teacher training programs, Montessori Northwest also operates Alder Montessori, a high-quality early learning program for 20 children ages 3-5 years-old living in poverty.
Alder Montessori, run in partnership with the Reynolds School District and “I Have a Dream” Oregon, is located within Alder Elementary School. The program is tuition-free for families living within the Alder enrollment boundaries and is funded by MNW and the RSD, with significant support from foundations and private giving.
With Alder Montessori, MNW aims to widen the understanding of Montessori by bringing this revolutionary method of education to more children. Similar Montessori schools around the world have been able to achieve impressive outcomes, including gains in literacy, numeracy, and self-regulation needed for academic and lifetime success from early childhood onwards. These results go hand-in-hand with the work of our partners to empower students from low-income communities to thrive in school, college, and career.
Financial support for this project is made possible by Montessori Northwest's dedicated fundraising efforts to foster diverse revenue streams. We remain appreciative of the many people and organizations that have helped make this programming possible.
- Read about Alder Montessori and Preschool Promise: Alder Montessori to Receive Preschool Promise Funding for Upcoming School Year
- Read an OPB article about Alder Montessori: Montessori Opens Preschool At Low-Income Oregon Elementary
- Read an Oregonian article about Alder Montessori: Low-income families get free access to Montessori methods at new preschool
- Read an article posted on Montessori Public: I Have a Dream Oregon Dreams of Montessori
- Read our most recent Alder Montessori newsletter: Montessori Matters
If you have any questions about our Early Learning Program at Alder, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 503-963-8992.
made possible by the generous support of the following:
Earl Harris Charitable Trust
Johnson Charitable Trust
Jubitz Family Foundation
Meyer Memorial Trust
Oregon Community Foundation
Schroeder Family Fund