In addition to our adult teacher training programs, Montessori Northwest also operates Alder Montessori, a high-quality early learning program for children ages 3-5 years-old living in poverty.
Alder Montessori, run in partnership with the Reynolds School District and “I Have a Dream” Oregon, is located within Alder Elementary School. The program is tuition-free for families living within the Alder enrollment boundaries and is funded by MNW and the RSD, with significant support from foundations and private giving.
With Alder Montessori, MNW aims to widen the understanding of Montessori by bringing this revolutionary method of education to more children. Similar Montessori schools around the world have been able to achieve impressive outcomes, including gains in literacy, numeracy, and self-regulation needed for academic and lifetime success from early childhood onwards. These results go hand-in-hand with the work of our partners to empower students from low-income communities to thrive in school, college, and career.
If you have any questions about Alder Montessori, contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 503-963-8992.
In the News
- MNW Blog: Alder Montessori to Receive Preschool Promise Funding for Upcoming School Year
- OPB: Montessori Opens Preschool At Low-Income Oregon Elementary
- The Oregonian: Low-income families get free access to Montessori methods at new preschool
- Montessori Public: I Have a Dream Oregon Dreams of Montessori
- Alder Montessori Newsletter: Montessori Matters
Alder is made possible by the generous support of the following:
- Davidson Fund
- Earl Harris Charitable Trust
- Johnson Charitable Trust
- Jubitz Family Foundation
- Meyer Memorial Trust
- Oregon Community Fund
- Preschool Promise
- Schroeder Family Fund
- Spirit Mountain Community Fund
- Windermere Foundation
You can support MNW's work at Alder Montessori by clicking here.