Alumni & Community
Montessori Northwest is proud of the work our graduates do all over the world, in many different capacities, to promote Montessori.
Montessori Northwest is proud to count over 1000 alumni as part of its globally-placed family. Our alumni are dynamic, vivacious, and really good looking!
Please contact us if you have any questions.
As a MNW alum, we'd love to stay in touch. We send out email and mailings with info related to MNW and Montessori, and we love to make connections between MNW alum throughout the world. Do let us know if you need us to update your personal or professional Information. Keep us in mind in terms of job listings, job fair, sponsorships, donations, and volunteering.
The MNW website is a strong resource for you as a professional and for school communities at large. There's parent information, workshop information, job info and so much more.
Follow us on Facebook, stay in your alumni/course Facebook group, and consider joining additional MNW groups such as "MNW Volunteer Outreach" and "MNW Housing Resources”.
And when you consider your charitable giving, please remember MNW – so that many more people just like you can find their way into this great work. The Celebration of Light provides an annual opportunity to join friends and colleagues for dinner and festivities to celebrate the work of our Montessori community and to support Montessori Northwest.
Here is a list of resources for professional development including access to research, advocacy, writings, and conferences:
- MNW ! All of our workshops and audits at your diploma level are eligible for ORO hours
- AMI (Association Montessori Internationale)
- AMI/USA (AMI’s US affiliate)
- NAMTA (North American Montessori Teachers Association)
- OMA (Oregon Montessori Association)
- Other regional groups, ie: Pacific NW Montessori Association, Bay Area Montessori Association
- Montessori Guide (video resources)
- Aid to Life (Resources for 0-3)
- AMI-EAA (AMI Elementary Alumni Association)
- NCMPS (National Center for Montessori in the Public Sector)
As an AMI diploma holder, you can and should feel free to contact other AMI training centers for a visit, to audit a lecture at your level, regarding regional job listings, or to volunteer.
Academic transcripts are available to MNW graduates at a cost of $12.00 per transcript. Transcripts are printed on letterhead and sealed. Please allow up to 10 business days for your transcript to be mailed. International or express applicants may incur an additional postage fee.
At the time of a student’s withdrawal or upon the completion of the course, a student’s Education Records are filed in MNW archives. Education Records may include:
- The original application form for admission
- The official progress report for completion of AMI requirements
- The summary sheet/s with scores from written and oral examinations
- A copy of the signed and dated AMI diploma and award letter
- The original field supervisor and host teacher's reports from practice teaching (if applicable)
Education Records are available at a cost of $5 per page. Please contact us with the details of your request.
All Education Records are held in their entirety in the strictest of confidence and are the sole possession of Montessori Northwest. Only the graduate can access their Education Records.
Diploma holders are welcome to return and audit lectures. We request that auditors sit for lectures at the level they currently hold a diploma. The auditing fee will yield a certificate of attendance for Set 1 professional development hours.