The first International Montessori Environments for Dementia Conference is being held in Sydney, Australia!
The Montessori approach aims to support the full development of the human being. It is a person-centered approach that draws on the capacity of human beings to learn and develop from within. If we provide the appropriate support and the best possible environment, we will continue to be amazed at the incredible capability to learn at any age. Whether it be infants, children, adolescents or the elderly, all human beings seek to be independent, to participate in meaningful activity, and to make a contribution. Montessori provides the practical ways to support this at all stages of life.
The International Montessori Environments for Dementia Conference promises to bring together some of the international leaders in the field, covering some really interesting topics. Here are just a few of the workshop titles:
- Dementia Specific Residential Gardens
- Engaging People Living with Younger Onset Dementia with Their Community and the Workforce
- Creating Memory Books
- Art Therapy – A Restorative Model for People Living with Dementia
- Changing the World for People Living with Dementia with the Capability Model that Includes Developing
- Roles and Activities for Residents that Reflect the Montessori Principles
- Individualized Music: Bringing Out the Person Not the Illness
For more information on this interesting event, visit their website here.